Wednesday, March 19

Dublab
One of the original favorites of Internet radio, LA-based Dublab.com is still airing some of the most interesting electronic beats on the world wide wide. The radioshows are mixed by actual people, not computers! Recently, Stones Throw's Egon contributed with a set of rare, minimal electronic stuff... wait it's by Telefon Tel Aviv when I click the link? I couldn't understand either how Egon could change his style so much :-) Whatever mix they'll serve you up on this page... Enjoy!



Speaking of Stones Throw, label owner Peanut Butter Wolf (I never get tired of that name) recently told UK-based magazine Dazed & Confused: It disgusts me how slept on Madlib still is. After three incredible albums in three years (Lootpack, Quasimoto & Yesterdays New Quintet), the year end charts come out and he still isn't on them. Fuck everyone. It makes me want to quit music and go into psychology or teaching."


Madlib: Blunted in the Bomb Shelter Mix

I couldn't agree more - at least I cleared my back when I told Madlib in person that I thought he was a genius last time Looppack visited Rust. So, if you read this, sleep no more. Madlib rocks and it's definately not too late to discover his music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home